Combine your passion for high performance vehicles with your AUTOMOTIVE HYBRID ELECTRIC engineering skills!.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to be a key part of our design team, developing retrofit hybrid electric powertrains for a full range of high performance vehicles.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will participate in all phases of technology development, starting with host vehicle reverse engineering, CAD design, prototyping, installation, and maintenance training. Responsibilities include development of product documentation (BOM, manufacturing notes, engineering docs). The ability to interact with vendors, customers, and provide technical product support requires an engineer with a "customer service" attitude. Be ready to champion new ideas and be challenged to design the best possible automotive retrofit hybrid electric powertrains.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer requires a flexible, multitalented engineer proficient with SolidWorks, 3D printing, machine tools (hand tools, mill, lathe), and liquid cooling and electrical systems. Experience developing automotive harnesses, electric motors, batteries, programming, and working with programable controllers is highly desirable.
This position is well suited for an AUTOMOTIVE ENTHUSIAST with personal track racing, autocross, or modification experience.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Specific duties and responsibilities:
· Product design (full product life-cycle)
· Customer technical support
· Influence and generate new ideas.
· Encourage product innovations.
· Be effective in a fast-paced and growing environment
· Be a key spokesperson at company events
· Able to attend key weekend company events
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Minimum skills and experience required:
· BSME or equivalent
· Professional experience in the automotive electric powertrain field
· 10 years experience as a Design Engineer
· 5 years experience in the automotive industry
· SolidWorks design and analysis proficiency
· Professional or hobby level knowledge of automotive performance concepts and setup
· Automotive enthusiast
Desirable but not required:
· Porsche, BMW, or Ford product design or hands-on experience
· Automotive high voltage battery experience
· Programming, programmable controller experience
· Race team Engineer experience
· Track driving / club racing / Autocross experience
Elephant Racing Benefits
· 50% company contributed medical and dental multiply Medical plans offered
· Vacation, Holiday, PTO.
· Access to our awesome shop for you personal car projects