Senior QA Test Engineer (EE) - seeking a Senior QA Test Engineer to support our Electric Vehicle (EV) wireless charging product development based in Watertown, MA. We are seeking candidates with the following experience:
- working within an R&D or Product Development environment
- expertise in developing and executing hardware and software test plans on complex systems with Power Electronics and Embedded Software
- automotive and industrial experience are preferred
- ability to work independently in a fast-paced, highly technical environment with concurrent projects
- Defines and develops test plans for EV Wireless Power Hardware and Software Components
- Single/Three Phase PFC Wallboxes, Inverters, Rectifiers, Ground and Vehicle Resonators, and WiTricity’s Tunable Impedance Matching Network (TMN)
- Customer GUIs
- Wireless Power Transfer, Object Detection, and Position Detection Systems
- Executes Tests
- Functional, Performance, Regression Testing on Hardware/Firmware
- Compliance / Interop Testing against SAE and other Wireless Power Standards
- Mechanical Stress/Vibration, Environmental, Fault/Error Handling
- Collaborates cross functionally to ensure testing requirements are defined
- Specifies, designs, and develops test infrastructure including automated test systems.
- Supports troubleshooting of technical problems; works collaboratively with engineers and team members to resolve outstanding issues.
- Ensures defect data base is maintained; generates reports for team members to review
- Collaborates with team members on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as required
- BSEE required.
- 5 years’ minimum hands-on experience performing QA on products that consist of electronics and embedded software. Candidates should have experience with power electronics of at least 1KW.
- Demonstrated ability to write and execute detailed test plans; must be able to compile and report to management and other team members on findings.
- Proficiency with Labview and Python; Experience with bug tracking systems such as JIRA required.
- Familiarity with testing standards from ISO/IEC, IEEE, and SAE preferred; Knowledge of automotive standards such as ASPICE, QS9000 a plus
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional team members from Development, R&D, and Product Management.
- Must be hands-on in an R&D lab setting with good electrical soldering/wiring and mechanical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.