ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned as necessary):
• Leads design and development of all aspects of the fitting software.
The Software Engineer will be involved in the full development life cycle of software development including involvement in the strategic contribution to new ideas, attaining pre-agreed schedules and offering software solutions to a complex level
. • Interface with the hearing science experts and product marketing to breakdown requirements at the engineering level.
• Take ownership of product sub-components including functional specification, design, implementation, unit test, and maintenance of software applications.
• Work with firmware engineers on device communication and control
• Works with clinical team, audiologists to support studies and create clinical tools.
• Works with customer support team to analyze software related field problems, identify root cause, and create solutions.
• Continuously improve development process and software quality. Works with software QA team to design and maintain test automation software to improve both software quality and development efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering and/or in Computer Science with minimum 4 years, or Master Degree with minimum 3 years industry experience required. Medical device experience preferred.
• Software expert in C# and software architecture using .NET on Windows platforms. Solid GUI development experience using WPF and XAML. Experience with UI testing and test automation.
• Excellent Object Oriented design skills in complex software development.
• Experience with interface and communication between Windows application and drivers.
• Solid software development practice, including version control, test driven development, continuous integration, documentation, estimation, and planning. Agile/SCRUM development experience.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills, leadership skills and collaborative orientation. • Project management skills.
• Following experience a plus
• Windows driver development experience and C/C++ experience • Embedded system development experience
• Cloud application development experience
• Mobile App development experience
• Software quality management system experience such as IEC 62304