As a Medical Device R&D Systems Engineer you will be part of a small, agile team; responsible for medical device development projects starting from technology exploration, product definition, to guiding integration with software controlled electro-mechanical systems; ending with product and release testing.
We develop a broad spectrum of products from sterile disposables to complex capital equipment using a customer-centric, collaborative, innovation driven approach. We value ownership, calculated risk-taking, and tolerance for ambiguity as we build future devices and improve existing products.
Bachelor's Degree with 5-8 YOE or Master's Degree with < 3 YOE
- Create innovative solutions to address user needs in products that differentiate the company in the market.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of medical devices, technologies and regulatory landscape relate to the company’s products.
- Translate customer needs into requirements and engineering specifications.
- Manage and logically organize data to identify and describe problems and assess the suitability and quality of technical solutions.
- Meld technical contributors into a unified team and collaborate to determine best technologies for the product.
- Perform engineering, integration, verification and validation testing, including protocol development, report generation and regression analysis.
- Participate in cross-functional Design Transfer process to ensure product designs are manufacturable and serviceable.
- Share and provide technical expertise and guidance to other engineers and designers.
- Develop, manage and maintain design history files and related deliverables.
- Manage, prioritize and align work activities with project schedules.
- Ability to find creative or innovative solutions for design of products.
- Solid understanding of systems engineering principles and methods, system modeling and transformation applications.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply engineering principles using logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to comprehend an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical and/or diagrammatic form and translate that into design requirement and/or performance.
- Ability to make and communicate decisions in a timely fashion; to formulate and execute a course of action.
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize work based on goals and objectives and provide deliverables in alignment with timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and cross-organizationally and respond to the needs of internal customers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively work in a team.
- Adept use of Office Applications like MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Familiarity with Engineering Applications like MatLab, LabView or EA.