Quality Control Inspector
Must have working knowledge of the following:
- Geometric tolerances on drawings- (Must be able to read mechanical drawings with geometric tolerances.
- Blue Prints and Assembly Drawings
- Hands on mechanical inspection
- First Article, In-Process, Final Inspection
- All mechanical/manual Measuring Tools (Micrometers, Calipers, Gauges, Indicators, Scale, Height gage)
- Experience using a profile projector
- Familiar NCMR process
General Position Summary
Responsible for inspections, validations, and verifications, necessary to assure the quality of the incoming machined and purchased parts.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs mechanical, electrical and chemical inspection and verification of received products, using drawings and specifications, statistical analysis, and measuring equipment.
- Prepares product inspection instructions where necessary.
- Establishes visual inspection reports to show inspection and non-conformance trends.
- Investigates and purges stock of discrepant parts and materials.
- Assists in determination of departmental responsibilities for defect prevention.
- Provides support in measuring and test equipment calibration and maintenance to assure product conformance.
Information Management & Reporting Activities
- Performs data analysis.
- Provides feedback by preparing charts, graphs, reports and other methods of communication as to how well the Quality Control System is working.
- Process Control. Provides support in initiation, audits and verifications of compliance of processes prior to first product acceptance.
Essential Job Requirements
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- Three to five years of previous work experience in inspection or auditing.
- Ability to use a personal computer and software, MS Office for technical documentation and data analysis.
- Ability to write reports, chart data and provide other technical documentation.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving product failure, analysis and remedial actions.
- Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful and flexible.
- Ability to use standard office and shop inspection equipment.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- This position requires the employee to frequently stand.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work safely and proficiently in a shop environment with a variety of instruments and tools.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals.
- Ability to listen, understand and solve problems.