- Understand and follow existing programming architecture
- Design and develop complex applications with Fault Handling routines and event logging functions
- Interface with new and existing databases (SQL and Access).
- Understand and follow validation methods including authoring all necessary documents
- Understand the manufacturing environment and daily user needs associated with testing applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or EE.
- Broad technical experience is some or all of the following areas: mathematics, signal processing, or physics.
- Experience with C/C++ language programming
- Experience with XML, Python and QT
- Experience writing applications for embedded Linux
- Experience with embedded software for instrumentation
- Experience with GUI development
- Familiar with instrument communication protocols
- Familiar with software source control packages
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Have experience in GUI design and Human Factors Engineering for Analytical Instrumentation
- Experience with the optimization of embedded database engines