AutoCAD Draftsman/Mechanical Design Engineer -
This is a unique opportunity to join a great team of experienced professionals to work on truly one-of-kind productions in theater, broadcast television, architectural millwork, themed environments, museum exhibits, and much more.
We are a custom fabricator, not a manufacturer. This means that every project is different, you need to have fore thought in your design process as well as the ability to think on your feet when things need to change. In this position you will be designing elements that use wood, metal, plastics, fabrics, and electronics that all come together to form high end finished products.
This is a fast passed business that requires skill, drive, and work ethic. We don’t have the luxury of prototyping or engineering review, we build what is drawn.
- Create detailed drawings that clearly explain design intent and build process
- Specify materials, hardware, finish process
- Work with Project Managers, department heads, and fellow design engineers to develop the best path of completion
- Effective communication skills to interact with co-workers, customers, vendors, and floor personnel
- 3+ years’ experience
- Thorough understanding of fabricating with both hand tools and CNC equipment
- Solid knowledge of steel fabrication: cutting, welding, drilling, etc..
- Solid knowledge of wood fabrication: milling, joining, molding, etc..
- Superior CAD skills both 2D and 3D: AutoCAD
- Mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to learn
- The drive to get the job done