We are seeking an exceptional engineer to drive development of embedded software for novel medical systems. As a hands-on manager, you will contribute directly toward firmware development and manage project schedules and workflow for our software engineering team. Projects involve a broad range of technologies including complex laser systems, optical delivery systems, ultrasound, and radio-frequency devices all developed organically by our scientists and engineers in our R&D labs. As such, this position provides a unique opportunity for an individual with broad interests and skills. Expertise in C and C++, as well as in-depth knowledge of I2C, SPI, USB and Ethernet interfaces and RTOS, Graphics, and Embedded WEB Servers is desired.
- Manage embedded software development projects and engineers.
- Manage project schedules and report on progress.
- Participate in medical device design activities, including development of new device requirements, system specifications and architecture.
- Develop Software Requirements Specifications and Design Documents.
- As a direct contributor, write embedded software in C and other languages.
- Work with Sustaining Engineering Group providing support for existing devices.
- Assure compliance with all applicable standards using appropriate design and testing methodologies.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 10+ years of related experience in embedded control system design and debugging.
- Proven track record in managing engineering teams.
- Thorough, in-depth knowledge of embedded, microprocessor based controller design required.
- Thorough, in-depth knowledge of HW communication standard such as I2C, SPI, USB and Ethernet.
- Expertise in reading electronic schematics and electronic datasheets.
- In-depth knowledge of real time operating systems.
- Expertise in C programming.
- Expertise in using version control software.
- Practical debugging skills using oscilloscopes and logic analyzers required.
- Cutera designs products that contain electronics, including high voltage electronics, control circuits, electro-mechanical devices, electro-optics and instrumentation. Candidate must be well-verses in these aspects of device design.
- Experience working with other electrical and electronics engineers; mechanical and optical engineers; software engineers and scientists to develop new products.
- Expertise in programming systems based on ARM microprocessors.
- Experience in using IAR tools.
- Familiarity with embOS and SMX operating systems.
- Previous experience in the designing medical devices.