Lead Electrical Engineer - to lead design teams focused on significant and unique design projects and challenges. Delivers projects through the entire product development process into production. As a Principal, you will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in a particular area that matches or exceeds the expertise of customers. Consults on system architectures, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting and oversee design progressions during product developments. Mentors and leads others in the organization to build team members design capability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads embedded hardware design and validation on significantly challenging and unique product applications
- Leads new and unique embedded hardware design and PCB layout designs utilizing standard tools
- Delivers solutions that require multiple Electrical design expertise across multiple EE competencies with limited supervision.
- Conveys technical solutions for areas of competence both to other engineers and to business personnel.
- Works with engineering team to develop final product solution for chosen architecture within time and cost constraints.
- Leads system architecture analysis and clarify design requirements to define the appropriate EE architecture for the design team.
- Evaluating/selecting electronic components, and makes recommendations to component mfg, regarding roadmaps and feature enhancements
- Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to customer, and can lead some customer engagements.
- Lead design innovations and potential patentable solutions
- Lead resolution of complex design issues and manages design trade-offs
- Train/coach other engineers in design analysis and tools
- Travel up to 20%
This Lead Software and Electrical Engineer will be responsible for architecting and executing or overseeing the design, prototyping, and testing of innovative products and systems. You’ll collaborate with our inter-disciplinary project teams and help our clients deliver exiting innovations to end-users. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Engage early in the proposal process to help assess and understand clients’ needs
- Provide electrical engineering and software / firmware input for project planning, budgeting, risk management
- Participate on product development teams with responsibility for the quality and content of EE/SWproject work, including interaction and collaboration with clients.
- Contribute engineering knowledge and experience on a wide range of early-stage projects, including technical feasibility, architecture generation, power budgeting, etc.
- Development of softwarein C/C++, Qt, Java or Objective C for a variety of embedded and mobile target systems
- Familiarity with the development of Machine Learning Training Models with experience deploying those models on embedded systems.
- Familiarity with VHDL programming for FPGA development, hands-on programming experience a plus.
- Circuit development and analysis, including schematics and simulation, component specification, BOM development, and sourcingInform, oversee, and review PCB layouts
- Experience with use of Source Control tools and oversight of same for team members
- Familiarity with Regulatory Development requirements associated with Software and Hardware systems for medical products
- Manage the project work of additional on-site or remote team members
- Liaise with contract manufacturers, including manufacturing quality and test planning
- Bring-up and qualify PCBs and systems
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance
- Promote a results oriented culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity and accountability
- Conceptualize ways of providing new and improved value to our customers
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE/PHD or equivalent experience)
- 12+ years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency
- Experience with the development of Medical Products is necessary as is work experience in a consulting business environment.
- Experience with Altium PCB Design tools is also desired as is hands-on experience developing mobile apps and Application programs for PC target environments.
- Hands-on Software Development experience with low power embedded devices and connected mobile apps
- Broad knowledge developing high complexity projects that have required multiple Electrical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and use of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.