Electrical Engineer -
We’re seeking an electrical engineer with 2-7 years experience (including co-op or internship positions) who will be an integral member of our growing Engineering department. The electrical engineer will be responsible for the entire design (from schematic capture to assembly release) of boards and backplanes. This includes proper component selection, verification of all board products within our chassis designs and verification of any board interface to chassis wiring.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a BSEE with the ability to operate a schematic capture system (preferably Mentor Graphics DxDesigner or Cadence Orcad). Experience with backplane and board design, power distribution systems, researching board components and creating and maintaining component libraries also required.
- Drafting electrical schematics detailing the integration of backplane and peripheral I/O subsystems in embedded computing enclosures.
- Managing board layouts, including the construction of library parts, with designated layout personnel.
- Generating bill of materials (BOMs) and other manufacturing documentation.
- Completing design verification processes including all required documentation.
- Providing support, as needed, during the manufacture of board and backplane assemblies and during chassis integration.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities is required along with accurately forecasting the time necessary to complete projects.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in an environment of changing priorities and short timeframes.
- Interface with customers in regard to the development of products to meet the specifications established by the customer and application engineering.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to work with program management and manufacturing during the development and execution of projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Working knowledge of printed circuit board layout preferred.
- Working knowledge of printed circuit board manufacturing preferred.
- Experience with VME, VPX, CPCI and VXS system busses preferred.