Technical Writer - will be engaged with engineering staff to revise and develop comprehensive service manuals and other end-user required documentation.
Candidate is required to have a basic level of mechanical aptitude, the ability to read, interpret, and explain technical information, and be knowledgeable in the development of user manuals, assembly instructions, safety bulletins, and quality documentation for industrial machinery or similar industry.
Though desirable for the candidate to work at corporate office, remote options will be considered for the right candidate. Periodic travel to the corporate office will be required.
- Responsible for project documentation including but not limited to:
- Installation, operation and maintenance manuals
- Supplier equipment catalogs
- Compiling Inspection and Test Reports from responsible parties.
- Coordinate with cross functional stakeholders as-required.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as assigned.
- Basic understanding of mechanical components such as but not limited to: bearings, seals, flanges, piping, tanks, heat exchangers, fasteners, rotating equipment, and complex mechanical assemblies.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to integrate graphics, technical drawings, and product cut-sheets, etc. into a comprehensive document.
- Familiar with safety labeling and warning requirements of OSHA and an ability to write safety bulletins, warnings, and detailed instructions.
- Experience developing technical manuals for mechanical equipment.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with the following software: Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with SolidWorks, Draftsight, Adobe’s suite of software or similar programs.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks Composer or similar software capable of accepting *.igs, *.step, or native CAD documents.
- Ability to create basic animations of equipment assembly instructions.
- Ability to write operational procedures or operating instructions.