The Technician 1 supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication, and assembly of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, or specialized test equipment. Work is semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout, and troubleshooting functions.
- Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect design data or assist in research work. Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assists in design, construction, test, and check-out of test equipment.
- Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs oscilloscopes, signal generators, and specialized test apparatus.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- May provide trade show and sales presentation support.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- AS degree preferred and 1-4 years of technician experience in Electrical Systems.
- Soldering, Wiring, Panel assembly and Cable assembly skills required.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot AC and DC electrical systems required.
- Semiconductor experience helpful.
- Must understand the fundamentals of Engineering.