Operate within a fast-paced environment reporting to multiple engineering work teams providing professional project information on highly complex manufacturing facility engineering projects. Develop and oversee engineering discipline specific work plans and capture that information in an information data base that can be developed into detailed progress reporting metrics. Candidate must have expertise with industry best practices and work planning for all for major engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical, architectural, and process piping.
The goal is to ensure more thorough and consistent project plan that results in successful and predictable execution of the engineering design, construction and validation engineering tasks. The resulting plans and reports on individual engineering projects will be compiled into a project portfolio report that enables tracking of specific critical technical tasks that inform status of the collective portfolio. Job also requires critical analysis of project plans developed by third party engineering design firms that are significant part of the overall effort.
- Assist engineering teams to identify accurate project resource requirements
- Build a comprehensive resource and engineering task database
- Build schedules for multiple engineering and construction projects in Critical Path Method (CPM) and provide schedule updates.
- Drive project schedules through analysis of work plan alternatives, (What If Scenario Analysis) re-sequencing of activities, workarounds and other related techniques as required.
- Create status reports, near term forecasts, summary activity/milestone reports, critical path and ad-hoc reports and other reports as needed for project planning and control.
- Plan and execute engineering, construction and validation activities with the project team.
- Interface with the project technical staff to define schedule basis and assumptions, Baseline and identification of variances from the original plan and baseline.
- Critical path analysis and methodology;
- EVMS (Earned Value Management System) and project progress analysis.
- Develop resource loading and resource leveled project schedules
- Evaluate schedules submitted by third-party engineers and constructors to ensure they are consistent with owner expectations and risk thresholds
- Set up and attend project review meetings with Project Managers and discipline leaders to review project plans.
- Performing engineering task progress measurement.
- Present reports and performance metrics to Project Managers and Project Executives, Report out on engineering and construction deliverables and tasks that are coordinated with manufacturing plant production and shutdown schedules. Identify and provide risk mitigation deliverables that appropriately address technical risk.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering required.
PE, PMI PMP, PMI-SP or equivalent certification preferred
The candidate requires knowledge and Five (5) to ten (10) years