In this role, you’ll develop firmware and embedded software for our medical diagnostic instrument. As a vital team member, you’ll assist in defining the architecture, develop software and test code, create libraries and test scripts, and ensure our processes and testing meets quality and system requirements. You’ll perform root cause analysis on test failures and verify fixes to certify builds for release.
This position works closely with other members of our firmware team, systems engineering, assay development, and mechanical engineering. If you have an eye for detail and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions, then this is the opportunity for you.
Experience you need to be successful:
- A BS and/or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, along with 12+ years’ relevant experience in firmware and/or embedded software development
- Strong coding experience in C, C++ and Python – all 3 are required – in both RTOS and Embedded Linux environments
- Prior embedded development experience with microprocessors and microcontrollers
- Experience developing modular code coverage and code reviews.
- Proven experience developing and running automated test scripts in Python
- Software Best Practices, such as unit testing, static analysis, code coverage and code reviews
- Release Management Process and Tools, such as Jira or Rally
- SCRUM Project Management and Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Experience with communication protocols such as UART, CAN, 12C and SPI and with RTOS on ARM CORTEX-M and embedded Linux on ARM cortex A microcontroller
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
- Prior work experience in safety critical industries, such as Medical or Automotive
- Prior proven leadership and team player experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- An advanced degree (MSEE, MSCE or MSCS)
- Prior product definition and architecture experience
- ARM CORTEX-M microprocessors and/or CORTEX-A microcontrollers
- Image processing
- Software Healthcare Regulatory Standard IEC62304
- Start-up experience