Responsible for developing and testing solutions to solve technical problems in research and development, manufacturing, parts development, inspection, and maintenance for Clients products. Engineering design and numerical modeling, progressing to product creation, testing, and data collection is the flow at the heart of
this position, along with the creation of company IP and new patent generation. This position reports directly to the CTO.
- Investigate and explore by experiment new technologies or combinations of technologies.
- Design and assemble prototypes.
- Analyse manufacturing methods for high volume cost sensitive mass production parts design.
- Use Solidworks CAD for modeling / 3D printing / prototyping new design ideas.
- Work directly with physicists to help solve problems and implement learning into mechanical design.
- Set up and document mechanical testing methodologies.
- Perform thermal simulations and analyses, to refine design details.
- Troubleshoot new products/process problems as related to design, materials, or processes.
- Design documentation, create BOMs, implement revision control with PLM software.
- Procure prototype hardware, first-article inspection, assembly and integration.
- Work with other engineers, clinicians, regulatory and marketing to translate technical requirements to product specifications.
- Must enjoy a good challenge, being pushed out of comfort zone and be a creative problem solver.
- Understand basic principles of thermofluidics, fluid dynamics, fluid analysis.
- Understand material properties of high temp plastics and other advanced materials.
- Understand different materials and their properties with respect to parts manufacturing and processes such as CNC, injection mold, etc.
- Design Analysis and Documentation.
- CAD Proficiency - Solidworks.
- Work on DFM and design updates with external overseas (China and Europe) vendors.
- Worked with a PLM system (ie Arena, Agile, etc).
- 4 year degree, associates or Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience.
- Redwood City, CA and partial remote allowed.
- English (Required).
- United States (Required).
- With full benefits and stock options.