We are looking for an intelligent and driven Senior Electrical Engineer to join our hardware team. You will work on circuit-level modeling, PCB design and layout, hardware bring-up, and embedded FW development to rapidly build successful prototypes. Responsibilities include contributing hands-on technical expertise for PCB design, test planning, board bring up, functional and compliance testing. Working in collaboration with our hardware team in designing power-efficient, low-noise, low-cost
battery powered systems with focus on manufacturability and high-volume production. This position reports directly to the CTO.
- Create solutions to complex technical problems.
- Component selection, Schematic capture, PCB layout using Altium
- Designing battery powered systems
- Inspect products and processes and help identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct tests, collect and analyze data.
- Build, calibrate and set up test systems
- Board Level engineering including ability to layout, rework and bring-up boards
- Optimize boards for mass production, efficiency, noise reduction, etc
- Strong Analytical Ability.
- Understanding of electromagnetic field theory.
- Understanding of Signal Processing: Analog and Digital.
- Understands and has worked with DC-DC converters, DC-AC converters.
- Experience with battery powered efficient Power Supply Design.
- Analog/Digital Design and Layout.
- Working familiarity with test equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, etc.).
- Familiar with MatLab, Python or similar tools.
- Spice Simulation of Analog Circuits.
- Microcontroller programming experience an advantage.
- Documentation generation.
- 4 year degree, associates or Bachelor's degree (Required).
- Redwood City, CA, and partial remote allowed.
- English (Required).
- United States (Required).
- Compensation commensurate with experience. salaried with full benefits
and stock options.