Senior Program Manager for Defense Programs
This position manages all aspects of classified (SECRET, Special Access Program) Government contracts for the development of military grade night vision systems. Responsible for the technical and management execution of all tasks as specified in the customer Statement of Work (SOW) and/or Program Plan. Serves as the primary interface between the customer and Intevac on all program-specific issues. Generates Program Integrated Master Schedule using Microsoft Project. Monitors, directs and performs day-to-day activities of the assigned program to ensure that goals and objectives are being met, including schedule, cost and technical performance, and subcontractor management. Conducts and leads internal meetings and customer meetings, including weekly telecoms, monthly/quarterly program reviews, design reviews, and Tiger Team meetings. Generates periodic reports as required by the program. Takes appropriate corrective action in response to program deficiencies. Generates full cost proposals for funded R&D and production programs.
- Independent, aggressive, self-motivated;
- Excellent people skills;
- Effective presentation skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, superiors, subcontractors, customers / customer representatives, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information in a timely, accurate manner;
- Strong leadership and motivational skills in managing multi-faceted work groups;
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines;
- Ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations, using sound, common sense judgment;
- Knowledge of management principles and practices;
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures;
Highly Proficient with standard Microsoft tools, specifically MS Project and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and at least 10 years of Program Management experience required; Master’s degree in Business Administration or a technical field and 15 years of Program Management experience preferred;
- PMP or equivalent certification;
- Must be a U.S. citizen, either have a DoD clearance or be qualified for security clearance with special access requirements. Active SECRET security clearance is preferred.