Senior Chemical Process Engineer -
The primary responsibility of the Chemical Process Engineer is to work closely with our customers to get their thermal separation processes designed and optimized. The Chemical Process Engineer takes an opportunity from the first contact through the design and manufacturing phases to give our customers the best thermal separation equipment available. Working with customers from multiple industries you will learn how to make tricky separations work and optimize their processes to improve the yield and minimize the energy required to make the separation. You will also have the chance to leverage your customer experiences to explore new opportunities and processes that can be developed, designed and introduced into new or existing markets.
- As one of the first contacts for a customer you will quickly understand the customer’s process and apply our technology to develop a successful separation strategy.
- Working effectively with customers from a wide variety of industries you will use your skills and expertise to configure, plan, supervise and analyze process and pilot plant test data.
- Working with the mechanical engineering group you will use your experience in designing and specifying integral parts of a process system, such as piping, valves, instruments, etc. to develop a complete solution for the customer.
- Proficient in developing process flow and piping & instrumentation diagrams.
- Experience in performing HAZOP studies, developing control philosophies and writing controls narratives.
- Ability to solve chemical processing problems, use ChemCad simulation software, adapt and design equipment and processes, and lead or work on cross-functional teams.
- Mentor junior process engineers to help develop their engineering talent and expertise.
- Assume additional related responsibilities as assigned
- 5+ years of experience specifying or designing process systems including evaporators, heat ex changers, vapor-liquid separators, distillation equipment, pumps and tanks, etc.
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Well skilled in Microsoft Office, Project, and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in process simulations software such as ChemCad or Aspen.
- Experience in a pilot plant or process plant environment.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, and Vantage.
- Experience designing cGMP ready and validated processes.