- Serve as the company’s key technologist for electronics by staying current with new developments in the field of electronics, developing an intimate knowledge of Cutera’s product designs, and initiating opportunities for innovation that increase value and differentiation for our products.
- Lead the definition of electrical architectures and systems for new product platforms and line extensions ensuring they meet requirements for performance, regulatory compliance, cost, manufacturability, and reliability. Work closely with the embedded software engineering team to ensure seamless integration of hardware with software.
- Effectively support the manufacturing engineering team by helping identify and maintain relationships with top-tier PCBA suppliers, develop PCBA test fixtures and procedures, and proactively manage obsolescence of electrical components.
- Build, inspire, and mentor a team of electrical engineers to develop innovative and cost-effective electrical designs that enable best-in-class products.
- Efficiently manage workflow to the team to support a wide range of projects in development phases ranging from proof-of-concept to sustaining engineering.
- Serve as a high-level individual contributor by designing, building, and testing digital and analog circuits, PCBA’s, power supplies, and electrical systems for lasers and RF devices. Support sustaining engineering activities as needed.
- Ensure the electrical engineering team provides strong support for all phases of product development including integration of prototypes, EMI and EMC compliance, and transition to production.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 15 years of related experience in electronics/software design and development.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience developing products and managing a team of engineers.
- A strong record of developing multiple products through production release including high-power power supplies, preferably for the medical capital equipment space.
- Expert in design of analog and digital circuits and SMPS’s and the use of simulation and automation tools (e.g. Spice, Matlab, Labview).
- Expert in schematic capture and PCB layout tools (Altium strongly preferred).
- Extensive experience in EMI, EMC, and electrical safety testing and associated regulatory standards.
- Familiar with medical device regulatory standards preferred (IEC 60601 and relevant daughter standards).
- Familiar with product development best practices and skilled at defining schedules, resource requirements, and spending forecasts for projects.
- Thorough, in-depth electronics and embedded software knowledge, practical laboratory skills, including system-level troubleshooting and prototyping requirements.