As a Senior Sustaining Engineer, you will have a host of impactful responsibilities. Your involvement in the planning and execution of new product will influence worldwide manufacturing sites. This includes working closely with the Hardware and Software design teams to ensure the test equipment / processes required for the New Products meet the standards expected in a high volume manufacturing environment. So you will be a leader the standardization and optimization of the test processes. Equally, preparing and presenting concise Test Engineering program status updates to the Exec team on a regular basis to help us understand how to maneuver moving forward.
You will be our point person with contract manufacturers to ensure we have the most optimal test processes across all products / sites. Your recommendations for design & test coverage improvement will be critical, as conducting detail product failure analysis and drive issue resolutions will happen under your watch. Lastly we will need you to drive to closure potential test gaps and correlations issues between our Vendors and manufacturing processes.
- 7+ years of technical working experience in high volume manufacturing, preferably in smartphones, tablets, and/or payment terminals.
- Excellent understanding of electronic assembly processes.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skill with good spoken and written English. Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
- Project management and people management will be a bonus. Proficient in computer architecture, C / C++, Python, UNIX shell, and Android SDK.
- Service and repair experience preferred
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel to the worldwide manufacturing sites to work face to face with the local Test Engineering teams at key points in the product development cycle.
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline, preferably Electrical Engineering