Are you an FPGA engineer looking for a new, exciting, and lasting challenge? Would you also like to see your skills used to create the future of healthcare? Do you want to work at the forefront of digital health?
Our client is a startup based in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our mission is to provide the world with connected and personal tools that will help deliver better care, improve patient experience, and drive healthcare efficiency. Our next generation wireless connected device enables faster diagnosis and treatment at the point of care resulting in better patient outcomes.
We are looking to grow our team of highly intelligent problem solvers who share our passion for leveraging digital health to make the world a healthier place.
As Staff FPGA Engineer, you will own the design, development and delivery of CO's FPGA platforms.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This Staff FPGA Engineer is responsible for high level & detail design of FPGAs. The candidate will be a natural problem solver, able to contribute to all aspects of development, testing and document generation. This position is also responsible for troubleshooting and failure analysis, as needed.
· Work with Algorithm, Electrical and Firmware engineers and cross functional teams to identify, understand and define design specifications and develop FPGAs to meet them.
· Generate novel and unique solutions to technical challenges in FPGA designs, including for Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog (DA) interfaces.
· Develop static analyses, robust simulation models and self-checking bench tests for functional testing of designs
· Generate test plans and reports to verify FPGA designs.
· Collaborate with Electrical and Firmware engineers to ensure FPGAs are verified at the board and system level against specifications.
· Perform formal release of documentation in support of quality and regulatory requirements for medical devices
· Analyze and debug failures found during system bring up, testing and use.
· Use electronics lab instruments as needed, such as oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyzers, multi-meter, etc.
· Maintain knowledge of current technical advancements in the general field of FPGA by keeping up with current developments and trends.
· Contribute to team work in an Agile development environment.
· BS, MS, or PhD, in EE or related fields, with at least 7, 5 or 3 years of experience, respectively
· Expert knowledge in FPGA high level hardware design & development, analysis, and architectures
· Experience with multi-dimensional signal processing, communications and control functions
· Proficiency with VHDL/Verilog, Synthesis, Simulation, Timing Analysis
· Proficiency with one of Xilinx, Microsemi, or Altera Tool Suites.
· Proficiency with Xilinx Vivado is a plus
· Experience in board bring-up in bare-metal environment
· A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast-paced environment
· Thorough understanding of board level printed circuit design and high-speed signal integrity issues is a plus
· Experience with medical devices is a plus
· Self-driven personality, startup mindset