We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineering (ME) Manager to lead and grow the ME team in a fast-paced environment. We believe in managers who remain deeply technical and understand the challenges their teams are facing. Our managers coach their teams to success, shield their teams from distractions, and help publicly celebrate their team’s wins. In this position you will lead the development, architecture, analysis, and qualification of various optical-mechanical systems, including digital cameras with intensified image sensors, electro-optical systems, micro-displays and others.
- Assume the management and technical responsibility of a small group of engineers
- Develop the initial concept of the device, component or system and lead or participate in the overall detailed product design.
- Specify and select materials appropriate for the given product and application.
- Specify and evaluate environmental conditions such as shock, vibration, temperature, etc.
- Determine equipment requirements, run thermal and structural simulations, and direct or conduct experimental tests.
- cost estimates for products and projects.
- Work with manufacturing during pilot production to ensure efficient transition from engineering into manufacturing.
- Prepare documentation, drawings, procedures, or manuals as necessary.
- Maintain high level of technical competence and state-of-the-art awareness.
- Drive delivery and development of on-time, well-tested mechanical systems
Specific Skills and Experience:
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in product development environments
- with the SolidWorks design platform
- Experience designing mechanical components for optical systems with lenses, light sources and critical alignments
- Experience CAD modeling printed circuit boards and electrical interconnects
- Experience with thermal analysis using CFD code, heat distribution and removal, TE coolers
- Experience with SolidWorks Simulation for vibration and shock analysis
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and with group members
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire other mechanical engineers
Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or other related technical discipline
Minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in designing electro-opto-mechanical devices
US citizens or permanent residents only