- Designs and executes layouts of complex products and equipment. Complexity of assignments requires considerable initiative, latitude, and independent judgment.
- Performs original design work after receiving the design goal or problem, general method of processing, and engineering advice.
- Performs routine engineering solutions for design problems that require simple stress analysis, strength of materials, interchangeability, manufacturing methods and cost reduction.
- May provide work leadership to lower level designers and drafters and coordinating assignments.
- May check completed drawings for accuracy and completeness.
- Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software. SOLIDWORKS
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Works with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to design work flows and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing in English.
- The ability to interact with all levels of management both internally and within customer/vendor base.
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of SolidWorks and Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks CAD best practices.
- Knowledge of GD&T and drafting practices.
- Proficient with large assemblies, configurations, properties and drawing attributes.
- Understanding of revision control and design process.
- Must have strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, organize and work successfully on simultaneous projects.
- Finish requirements and tolerances for manufacturing sheet metal and vacuum chambers.
- SW PDM experience a plus especially Admin experience.
- General knowledge of machine shop and welding process helpful.
- Requires a Bachelor Degree in engineering or related field. Education may be substituted with applicable work experience.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a similar role with similar responsibilities ideally in a like industry.