Contract to Hire
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Prototype and develop designs in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Setup, perform, and document tests on consumables and instruments.
- Support scientists with continuous improvement and problem resolution.
- Plan projects and monitor progress against program objectives, document designs, & perform as liaison with suppliers and other disciplines.
- Creatively work within company standards and processes to solve problems with effective use of appropriate resources.
- Manage time effectively and organize and prioritize work assignments to ensure they are completed on time and with quality.
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to anticipate problem areas in advance.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in mechanical or biomedical engineering, or equivalent design experience directly associated with life science or medical device.
- Minimum of 5-8 years related mechanical engineering work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of SolidWorks. Experience in FEA is a plus.
- Hands on experience with a variety of prototyping methods. Must be comfortable with shop tools.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, presentation skills, & ability to collaborate in a team-based environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.