- Creative and cost effective electro-mechanical mechanism design, for new and existing platforms.
- Design of mechatronics elements and systems (motors, controls, sensors, robotics).
- Varied manufacturing and assembly processes such as composite construction, CNC machining, injection molding and sheet metal fabrication.
- 3-D parametric CAD, PDM/vault tools to manage design databases, SolidWorks.
- New high-technology product development and full product life-cycle experience is key.
- ASME Y14.5 and ISO standards, GD&T and accepted drafting practices.
- Exposure working in a small company environment and a willingness to handle a wide range of tasks.
- Trustworthy and diligent self-starter, personally organized, can take direction, manage multiple tasks, budget, and meet schedules.
- Willingness to be stationed at test sites in Hawaii and other locations for multi-week periods, when needed.
- Oceanographic or marine equipment design is ideal.