Drug test and background check are likely required.
Programming Changes that Repair/Optimize Equipment
- Works with respective operations group in developing and implementing project scope and cost estimates. Incorporate operations business data (sales, financial, etc.) to generate a compelling project justification and application for approval of funds.
- Performs automation/controls programming and engineering functions in accordance with accepted practices and company standards.
- Develops, reviews, approves and executes IQ and OQ, documentation as related to software validation practices as required in the pharmaceutical environment while ensuring compliance to all applicable standards related to the technology including: federal, state, and local regulatory codes, as well as customer, operations and corporate requirements.
- Programs HMIs using MS SQL Server, MS Visual Basic and modification of existing Factory Talk View Studio, SE and ME projects.
- Manages engineering projects from conception through completion:
- Interprets equipment capabilities and specifications.
- Defines equipment required to achieve optimal production.
- Prepare detailed project scopes of work.
- Develop electrical schematics.
- Prepare and manage schedules.
- Manage installation and modifications.
- Programming and troubleshooting of PLCs and HMIs.
- Start-up and training.
- Investigates equipment performance and identifies any problems for corrective actions and solutions.
- Works closely with all internal team members to identify issues and implement improvements.
- Executes Factory and Site Acceptance Tests, Machinability Studies, and validation protocols.
- Writes and executes Risk Analysis (i.e. FMEA and Fishbone Diagrams) and Engineering Change Orders.
- Utilizes continuous improvement methodology to improve internal processes.
Asset Center Contains Up-to-Date Site Program Revisions
- Writes/revises SOPs, User Requirement Specs, Functional Requirement Specs, Design Specs, Qualifications, etc.
Equipment Uptime Maximized Through Resolution of Complex Instrumentation Problems
- Serves as the primary resource for resolving mechanical issues involving controls operation and safety.
- Provides engineering support to corrective actions and deviations by identifying root cause and offering solutions.
- Resolves high-level technical processing issues related to equipment operation.
- Position is, at times, hands-on requiring trouble shooting of complex automated equipment and processes.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for equipment operation and equipment efficiencies.
- Ability to comprehend and write advanced programming related to Ladder Logic, Sequential Function Charts, Function Block Diagrams, Structured Text and Motion Groups.
- Familiarity with PLC programs such as RSLogix500 and RS Studio 5000
- Familiarity with accepted engineering and scientific terms, principles and concepts required.
- AutoCAD electrical, electrical schematics, P&ID drawings
- Experience with basic writing, Allen Bradley VFDs, Servomotor drives, E-stop relays, fail safe circuits, floor scanners, light curtains, and ISBs
- Knowledge of HMI and PLC control systems, and electro-mechanical manufacturing equipment.
- Experience with FDA, NED, NFPA and OSHA codes and regulations.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MiniTab and MS Project.
- Able to work both independently, within a team, and able to organize and lead a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate clearly and efficiently.