Materials/Planning Manager Responsibilities:
- Determining the required materials and generating purchase orders.
- Ensuring materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost-efficient.
- Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
- Coordinating with other departments regarding production goals, timelines, supplier payments, etc.
- Tracking production volume and monitoring customer demand patterns and purchasing trends.
- Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and distributors.
- Managing inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations.
- Preparing cost estimates and performance reports
· Enter customer product demands into Alliance aligning customer requirements and production scheduling.
· Organize regularly scheduled production meetings to align company personnel with customer ship dates and priorities.
Materials/Planning Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Degree in business, logistics, inventory management, or a related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in material planning, inventory management, purchasing, or a related position.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and material management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.