Sr. System Safety Engineer (Contract) 3 months+, likely 6-9 months.
NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required.
Background check and 5-Panel drug test are required.
Work in a fast-paced environment, participating on engineering teams designing, testing, integration, and development support of next generation robotic systems for the U.S. Military. The systems safety engineer (contractor) is responsible for helping to managing and performing safety analysis and reports for robotic systems. The candidate will be a hands-on person that will work closely with multi-disciplined integrated product teams consisting of program managers, software, mechanical, electrical, process, and manufacturing engineers throughout the product’s life-cycle including requirements development, design, verification/validation, deployment and sustainment.
The candidate will be capable of performing safety analysis on various levels of the design from component, assembly, subsystem, system and system of system. This person should also have experience with both hardware and software safety analysis. The will also to review, generate, and manage safety requirements, verification and validation (V&V), and test engineering, using expert knowledge of systems engineering or systems engineering management processes to guide product development teams.
- Performing and/or leading safety analysis for technical designs with a multidisciplinary team. Such safety analysis including but not limited to:
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- System Requirements Hazard Analysis (SRHA)
- Subsystem Hazard Analysis (SSHA)
- System Hazard Analysis (SHA)
- Operating And Support Hazard Analysis (O&SHA)
- Health Hazard Analysis (HHA)
- Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA)
- System-Of-Systems Hazard Analysis (SSHA)
- Environmental Hazard Analysis (EHA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Failure Mode Effects And Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Write and support updates to safety analysis reports
- Support development of system test/validation docs
- Support the development of software test plans and test applications
- Support testing, debug and production of digital and analog systems
- Verifying and validating system and component performance to specifications
- BS Degree in System Safety Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical-Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering; MS preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge and experience hazard analysis and hazard management
- Strong knowledge and experience with MIL-STD-882, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464
- Strong knowledge and experience with Joint Software Systems Safety Engineering Handbook (JSSSEH)
- Strong knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and/or software design and development
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 262626, IEC 61508, and/or ISO 20474
- Experience with DOD systems and/or prior work in the field of robotics
- Occasional domestic travel (< 10%) may be required
- Occasional international travel (< 5%) may be required
- Frequent local travel within Massachusetts may be required