Designs electrical parts, modules and subsystems to support the design of whole systems. Responsible for the complete design process, including requirements specification, feasibility studies, cost and scheduling, conducting various analysis, such as circuit, timing, thermal/cooling, electrical loads and FPGA modeling, conceptual and detailed design using design tools (i.e. OrCAD, PSpice, Xilinx/Altera FPGA /EPLD development systems, etc...), detailed drawings, design review presentations, procurement of prototype parts, system integration, prototype testing, and handoff to manufacturing. These tasks will require working with other engineering groups such as ME, OE, SW, systems and manufacturing engineers to ensure flawless integration and test at the subsystem and system level. Develops the required supporting documentation, such as assembly and test procedures, and service manuals. Works closely with and manages suppliers to ensure all design requirements are specified and achieved. Addresses and resolves product issues thru the product phases. Has strong leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Design FPGA based high speed PCB, including circuit design, schematic capture, simulation and layout review.
- FPGA design support, work with FPGA engineer for designing the testbenches, functional and/or post layout simulations, timing analysis/closure, FPGA functionality verification and validation.
- Understand and capture the project specifications and performance requirements on board and system level.
- Write technical documentation that meets the defined quality standards for manufacturing / service team as required.
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Solid knowledge of electrical engineering principles, analog digital and mixed signal electronics design both at the theoretical and implementation level.
- Experience in the design, development and integration of complex boards and subsystems (including PCBs, Cables, System interconnect).