Director of Engineering
Engineering Department Mission
· We work directly with both our external and internal customers to fully understand their needs and then develop technical solutions to fill those needs.
· Hands-on leader of a team of engineers who design equipment and systems that are used to manufacture new and innovative food products.
· Over the last few years company has developed equipment to manufacture products such as stuffed-crust pizza, turkey bacon, natural pet foods, gluten-free bagels, and plant-based protein products.
· Work with both external and internal customers to fully understand their needs.
· Develop technical solutions to fill those needs.
· Manage the design, production, installation, and documentation of those solutions.
· Conduct design reviews to improve function and reduce cost.
· Travel to customers’ facilities, as required.
· Reports to the Vice President Engineering.
· Manages four Mechanical Engineers.
Key Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and 10+ years of experience creating new machines.
· Willing and able to travel as required.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, and sheet metal fabrication.
· In-depth understanding of machine components such as motors, gearboxes, pneumatic cylinders, bearings, and knows what to use based on equipment requirements.
· Able to analyze and design load bearing support structures.
· Experience with SolidWorks for creating assemblies, parts, and detail drawings.
· Able to lead and motivate engineers.
· Able to develop and execute plans.
· Able to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical people.
· Creative and is energized by developing new ideas.
· Patient and unassuming.
· Enjoys helping others succeed.
· Persistent; receives satisfaction from solving problems.
· Curious about how things are made and enjoys visiting factories.
· Hands-on and enjoys getting hands dirty.
· Highly organized.
· Enjoys seeing the direct impact of their work; would be excited to see products in the grocery store.
· May work prolonged or irregular hours.
· Business casual dress code.
· Open office environment.
· High level of social interaction.