- Work closely with sales and customers to define project requirements and develop solutions within a team based environment.
- Travel to customer facilities to assess requirements, install equipment, and to troubleshoot problems.
- Manage engineering activities from the onset to the field implementation at our customer’s facilities.
- Select all electrical components including motors, controllers, drives, and sensors to meet performance requirements.
- Determine how to electrically integrate our equipment into our customer’s manufacturing lines including power requirements, digital signal handshakes, Ethernet interconnects, and PLC programming.
- Define department electrical and controls standards.
- Generate required documentation including electrical drawings, manuals, and procedures.
- Work with purchasing and our suppliers to make sure parts and assemblies are ordered and delivered on time.
- Train our technicians and customers on the electrical and controls systems of our equipment.
- Learn and understand how our supplier’s equipment control system works.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of machine design experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Able to lead and motivate engineers.
- Able to schedule and plan projects.
- Knowledge of motor controls and pneumatic systems.
- Experience with specifying and programming PLC’s (Allen Bradly Preferred), AC and DC motor controllers, servo controllers, safety devices, sensors.
- Experience creating electrical drawings with AutoCAD.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
Previous experience with an industrial equipment manufacturer is desirable.