The Release Engineer is a key member of the Product Development group at and will act as the Configuration Manager for the Robotics product line at the Chelmsford site. Responsibilities of this position include releasing new custom configured assemblies for Customer Orders. Developing and maintaining Product Structure Trees/Product Family Trees, and interoperability guides for Product Bill of Material (BoM) generation. Collaborating on projects with Program Management, multiple Engineering disciplines, Service, Operations and Product Management/Applications Group.
- Daily tasks include participation in Product Change Management (PCM) meetings, review of Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) for impact to product line interoperability and releasing updates to the option/structure trees to insure compatibility.
- Clean Order booking (COB) approval – Confirm receipt of Approved Selection Guides (SG’s) and create and release Top Level assembly (TLA) BoM to be used for the Project.
- Association of TLA with project tracking database, Project On-Line (POL) and project schedule by working closely with the Program/Project Manager. Track projects thru the ECO process by working directly with PLM system (Agile). Clearly communicate status on a regular basis to Product Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Operations.
- Clarify and resolve SG conflicts with Engineering, Sales and Marketing.
- Resolve other order related problems to allow orders to move forward in the COB process.
- Create and Approve ECO’s through the electronic ECO workflow manager (Agile).
- All other reasonable duties/ projects as assigned by manager.
- Experience in Configuration Control, Product Option/Family Trees architecture, consideration of interoperability requirements of products during the development of configuration worksheets, and product selection guides.
- Ability to comprehend the interdependencies between Hardware, Software, Controls, and Electrical components pulled from matrix options at the system level.
- Rigorous attention to detail and strict adherence to company processes and policies during all phases of a project.
- Ability to clearly communicate and articulate project configuration problems identified across the project team including Program/Project Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Sales Account Team, and the Customer when required.
- Team player that is proactive and creative in problem solving.
- Detail orientated with excellent communication skills with inter-organizational departments and external customer contacts.
- Works well with limited supervision and completes assignments on time that require a comprehensive knowledge of the discipline.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum of 4+ years of working experience in configuration or release engineering is required, preferably in the industry of semiconductor capital equipment.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, email, windows operating system, and familiar with Agile and Oracle.
- In depth understanding of BOM structuring, product interoperability, and product hierarchy.