Senior Mechanical Engineer –
Looking for a talented and driven engineer with a passion for user-centered design and product development. Individual must relish collaborating to envision and commercialize new products in a wide range or industries. Also needs to be creative, curious, and a collaborative mechanical design engineer with meaningful product development experience and demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams to join our growing team.
- Drive engineering content on design projects, in order to achieve innovative, appropriate solutions for users, clients, time lines, and budgets.
- Work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary development team, taking responsibility for a wide range of tasks from brainstorming to detailed engineering development and client communication/management.
- Work closely with senior team to define initial project scope, meeting with existing and potential clients, writing proposals, leading presentations, estimating and establishing the most appropriate process and deliverables to satisfy a client’s needs.
- Conceptualize and develop new products, parts, mechanisms, and assemblies possessing a high level of sophistication, complexity, and practicality.
- Utilize engineering tools effectively to produce a range of meaningful deliverables, including 3D mechanical design, manufacturing tolerance analyses, risk analyses, and 2D production-level documentation of components and assemblies.
- Engage and manage outside vendors for prototyping, gathering manufacturability feedback and cost and lead-time estimates.
- Apply basic shop practices to create functional models in order to assess concept feasibility.
- Assemble prototypes, generate test plans, conduct tests, and create reports and other documentation tailored to project/client needs.
- Provide technical consultation to multi-disciplinary design teams with respect to fundamental engineering principles, manufacturing feasibility, and technical risks.
- Provide leadership direction to and mentoring of junior team members.
- Desired range of 5 -10 years of design engineering experience in technology, medical, and/or consumer products, demonstrating technical, manufacturable, and commercialized solutions.
- Minimum 4-5 years of both industry and design consultancy experience desired.
- Medical device experience is a plus
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or other mechanical-centric Engineering discipline required, M.S. preferred.
- US Citizens or Green Card holders only at this time
- Ability to generate robust 3D databases, mechanical drawings, prototypes, and written reports. 3D CAD experience a must. SolidWorks proficiency strongly preferred.
- Practical knowledge of statics, dynamics, strength of materials, thermal and fluid design, and the ability to effectively apply such knowledge in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing processes, including injection molding, rapid prototyping, sheet metal fabrication, casting, and machining.
- Excellent capacity for both logical reasoning and creative thinking as evidenced by the ability to invent, conceptualize, and abstract.
- High level of personal commitment to quality, with demonstrated thoroughness and attention to detail in all phases of a project.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, highlighted by a flexible and collaborative working style.
- Strong understanding and appreciation for industrial design, interaction design, and user research preferred.
- Passion for learning and an ability to “get smart fast”.
- Working knowledge of regulatory guidelines and quality systems preferred.
Impress us with:
- Electro-mechanical experience, demonstrated success in mechanism development and the ability and willingness to fabricate, test, and debug prototypes
- Experience in the areas of hazard analysis, FEA, DFMA, dFMEA, and root cause analysis
- Ability to create electronics prototypes to support testing and data acquisition, explore technology possibilities, and create interactive prototypes