Proven experience in providing engineering technical input to a team composed of internal members along with external development partners and component suppliers is required. The ability to interact at a detailed technical level with process, human factors, and industrial engineers is also an essential skill. In depth experience with design controls, test method development, and design verification methodologies is also required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced degree, B.S., or M.S., in engineering or related discipline, with preference for Mechanical Engineering, or the equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in industry or academia (including advanced studies) after receiving their Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external suppliers and providing technical support to internal cross functional teams
- Prior experience with Design Controls
- Drafting of device design verification protocols/reports and conducting design verification testing.
- Expertise in CAD (Solidworks preferred), Rapid prototyping, material selection/biocompatibility, DFX, etc.
- Proven experience in test method validation and Gage R&R
- Experience statistical analysis and interpretation of data.
- Familiarity with risk management tools (developments of pFMEAs, etc.).
- Highly organized, detail oriented and strong communication skills including technical report reviewing and writing.
- Experience with GD&T
- Operating Machine Shop Equipment
- Lean/Six Sigma
- Strong technical skills in probabilistic design, tolerance analysis and design for manufacturing and assembly
- Experience working in a highly cross functional (e.g. Matrix) and collaborative environment