- Inspire and mentor a team of engineers to develop innovative and cost-effective mechanical designs that enable best-in-class products.
- Efficiently manage team workflow to support a wide range of projects in development phases ranging from proof-of-concept to sustaining engineering.
- Develop and maintain effective tools for the group including CAD design software, FEA modeling software, 3D printers, and an in-house machine shop.
- Serve as a primary technical contributor in defining concepts for new system architectures.
- Contribute individually to design development and experimental design verification as needed.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in mechanical engineering with at least 7 years of product development experience.
- At least 4 years of experience managing a team of mechanical engineers with a focus on leading by example.
- A track record of contributing to successful product introductions including at least one significant program from proof-of-concept through pilot production and a strong understanding of product development best practices.
- A sense of urgency in driving projects and desire to set ambitious goals and work aggressively to meet project schedules.
- In depth knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and material properties of metals, ceramics, and plastics.
- Extensive CAD design experience (Solidworks preferred).
- Proven experience in structural analysis, thermal analysis, fluid dynamics, and/or multi-physics simulations; expert use of Matlab, Pro-E Mechanica or Comsol preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electronics and optics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A drive and passion for developing a holistic understanding to problems and developing creative, practical solutions in a timely manner.
An interest and curiosity for biomedicine and biomedical applications.
- Experience leading product development projects is a plus.