Define and guide development of elegant mechanical designs that meet requirements for product performance, cost, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Develop designs for all phases of product development from proof-of-concept through manufacturing.
- Drive design verification by testing design performance in the lab and design validation by developing fast-turn clinical prototypes for use in the Cutera Research Clinic.
- Contribute regularly to technical design reviews, project scheduling, and development of new product concepts and applications.
- Use FEA simulation tools to model mechanical assemblies and guide design development.
- B.S. in Mechanical engineering with 5+ years related mechanical design experience for capital equipment, laser, or medical devices. Graduate degree is a plus.
- Experience in dynamic mechanical design required. Experience with actuation assemblies such as laser beam scanning systems, translation and rotation stages is a plus.
- Experienced in design of opto-mechanical assemblies preferred. Knowledge of strain-free mounting techniques for optics using adhesives is a plus.
- Strong understanding of GD&T principles and ability to evaluate and apply them to precision mechanical designs.
- Proven 5+ years of CAD design experience. SolidWorks preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of leading manufacturing technologies including plastic injection molding, sheet metal manufacturing, and high precision machining.
- Proven communication skills and ability to make design recommendations based on cross-functional inputs (Engineering, Clinical, Manufacturing, Quality, and Regulatory).
- Ability to apply FEA simulation tools to develop designs by correlating simulation results with empirical test data. Experience with thermal FEA tools is strongly preferred.
- Experience modeling thermal management systems such as air and water cooled heat exchangers and thermoelectric coolers.
- Basic working knowledge, electronics, optics, and numerical data analysis (Excel, Matlab, or equivalent) required. Data acquisition skills such as LabView is a plus.
- Familiarity with FDA Quality Systems Regulations/Design Control requirements, IEC 60601 compliance standards, or ISO14971 Risk Management requirements is a plus.