The primary area of work is Semiconductor equipment. Our projects all involve embedded software control of robotic and other motion related hardware. The following specific tasks will be performed during the project life cycle:
- Interact with Mechanical, Electrical, and Software engineers and understand system
- Perform SW/HW integration and trouble shoot HW/SW issues
- Debug/diagnose issues on the entire system, involves looking at SW, mechanical and electrical subsystems
- Write Python scripts to test/verify system functionality
- Test software components to overall system inner workings
- Work with rest of team in debugging system integration problems
- Analyze logs and create python scripts to test command sequence from logs
- Testing SW applications with HW.
- Collaborating across interdisciplinary teams
- Problem-solving and creative thinking
- Prototype HW for SW testing, create python scripts to test components and automate.
- Flexibility & Adaptability must be able to keep up with latest techniques and technologies as they develop.
- Brilliant conflict resolution, analytical, and decision-making skills are vital to the position.
- Testing of PVT trajectory planning as a part of new motion controller product development
Skills & Experience
BS Degree in Software/EE/Mechatronics Engineering, or related field, or 5 years’ experience in applications/systems engineering. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience in working with a small team of 6 – 12 engineers. A minimum of 5 years of experience in robotics and motion control related software. Systems experience, minimum of 5 years of System trouble shooting experience. Understanding of EE schematics, ME concepts, Basic Programing knowledge of C++, C# and python.
Experience in some of the following areas are desired: Motion control development, PID tuning, system design. 5 years of experience Experienced C++, and C# . Experience with embedded RTOS.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, a motivated and quick learner, proactive in problem solving, requires minimal supervision and enjoys working with hardware and software.