Conception and redesign of appliances and their assemblies for our family of
current CO Robots as part of pre-development, new product development and
series support projects.
• Translation of given market requirements into mechanical design concepts.
• Coordinator and contact person in development projects for mechanical tasks.
• Maintaining and improving the quality and rationalizing series products.
• Realization of changes and variants of series products that are introduced during
the product life cycle.
• Further development and targeted use of development methods (robust design,
simulation, prototyping, tolerance analysis, FMEA, etc.).
• Organization of professional exchange of the ME with further project-related
• Coordination of upcoming tasks with internal and external development partners.
• Driving and shaping the skills development of junior engineers
• Research and qualify new technology that may be applicable to our product
roadmap and vision.
Minimum of 7 years practical experience in mechanical design, analysis, and test of consumer
electronics products. Experience with robotics/mechatronics/motion control highly desirable.
• Extensive experience in the development of plastic components for injection molding and
• Knowledge of the functionality of injection molding tools and demolding methods.
• Knowledge of current product development processes (milestone concepts etc.)
• trained in dealing with agile working methods
• trained in the use of Creo, Windchill, NX, Teamcenter
• Ability to perform detailed statistic and arithmetic tolerance loop analysis
• trained in the evaluation of “mold flow” and “FEM data”
• Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DSA) and
Design for Service
• Experience with the various forms of rapid prototyping technologies, including additive
technologies, rapid tooling, prototype injection molding and metal laser sintering
• knowledge about the use of common cutting techniques
• Experience working with CMs (contract manufacturers) and suppliers in China and
European partners (Germany), some trips required.
• BSME or equivalent required, MSME preferred