Responsibilities of this position include releasing new custom configured assemblies for Customer Orders. Developing and maintaining Product Structure Trees/Product Family Trees, and interoperability guides for Product Bill of Material (BoM) generation. Collaborating on projects with Program Management, multiple Engineering disciplines, Service, Operations and Product Management/Applications Group.
- Daily tasks include participation in Product Change Management (PCM) meetings, review of Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) for impact to product line interoperability and releasing updates to the option/structure trees to insure compatibility.
- Clean Order booking (COB) approval – Confirm receipt of Approved Selection Guides (SG’s) and create and release Top Level assembly (TLA) BoM to be used for the Project.
- Association of TLA with project tracking database, Project On-Line (POL) and project schedule by working closely with the Program/Project Manager. Track projects thru the ECO process by working directly with PLM system (Agile). Clearly communicate status on a regular basis to Product Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Operations.
- Clarify and resolve SG conflicts with Engineering, Sales and Marketing.
- Resolve other order related problems to allow orders to move forward in the COB process.
- Create and Approve ECO’s through the electronic ECO workflow manager (Agile).
- All other reasonable duties/ projects as assigned by manager.
- Experience in Configuration Control, Product Option/Family Trees architecture, consideration of interoperability requirements of products during the development of configuration worksheets, and product selection guides.
- Ability to comprehend the interdependencies between Hardware, Software, Controls, and Electrical components pulled from matrix options at the system level.
- Rigorous attention to detail and strict adherence to company processes and policies during all phases of a project.
- Ability to clearly communicate and articulate project configuration problems identified across the project team including Program/Project Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Sales Account Team, and the Customer when required.
- Team player that is proactive and creative in problem solving.
- Detail orientated with excellent communication skills with inter-organizational departments and external customer contacts.
- Works well with limited supervision and completes assignments on time that require a comprehensive knowledge of the discipline.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum of 4+ years of working experience in configuration or release engineering is required, preferably in the industry of semiconductor capital equipment.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, email, windows operating system, and familiar with Agile and Oracle.
- In depth understanding of BOM structuring, product interoperability, and product hierarchy.