- Create practical electro-mechanical designs and documentation packages.
- Work closely with members of the program team to achieve hardware design, build and test objectives
- Track, understand and flow down design and schedule requirements and apply sound design principles and oversight to meet project requirements.
- Develop clean documentation packages and design records which includes maintaining change records and revision control.
- Other duties as assigned, supporting Mechanical Engineers.
- Design experience packaging and documenting products containing optical elements, electronics and structures.
- High proficiency in SolidWorks 3D CAD, data management tools and techniques, and revision control practices.
- Ability to assess and apply geometric tolerances in complex and precision hardware assemblies.
- Ability to research data that is required to develop designs using historical precedents, manufacturer's catalogues, and technical guides. Successfully combines findings with preliminary information so as to contribute to developing final designs.