Senior Research Associate -
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to support our proprietary drug discovery platform. The candidate will be joining our protein technology group and working in a cross-functional project team. Types of activities include plasmid construction and preparation, bacteria transformation and culturing, plus preparing experimental media and buffers.
- Perform molecular cloning work including DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, RT-PCR, restriction enzyme digestions and site directed mutagenesis.
- Assist with mammalian cell culture, small-scale antibody expression, purification, SDS PAGE or engineered proteins characterization work
- Maintain all plasmids and protein inventory.
- Routine lab maintenance activities (i.e. laboratory supplies, organize reagents, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in molecular biology, biotechnology, or a related field; preferably with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience in a laboratory setting
- Strong hand-on experience with molecular biology techniques including DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, RT-PCR, restriction enzyme digestions, cloning and site directed mutagenesis.
- Experience in protein expression and purification, protein interaction characterization is a plus.
- Good computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and DNA analysis tools.
- Hands-on experience in culture, storage and archiving of microorganisms.
- Strong multi-tasking ability with organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.