About you: You are a seasoned, proactive and hands-on Manufacturing Test and Quality Engineering professional with experience in charged particle systems, such as FIB, SEM, TEM, SIM, XPS, etc. and ideally life science capital equipment. You enjoy owning the creation of robust and cost-effective test processes, test work instructions, process validation, contract manufacturing quality, and assisting the manufacturing technicians and assemblers in building capital equipment. You thrive in a startup environment where you get to work with smart people from a wide variety of disciplines and are willing to help figure out the design test and specifications issues related to new product introductions. Leadership abilities: ability to think independently and work without regular direct supervision.
- Work with suppliers, engineering, and physicists to develop and design test processes and suites to optimize tool bring up times and, quality, reduce field issues and ensure that field replacement units meet specifications.
- Ensure that all manufacturing test specifications are developed, and testing procedures are in place for all subsystems and before any subcomponent is outsourced and/or shipped to the field.
- Responsible for training and ensuring manufacturing staff and vendors/subcontractors on all test process instructions and new product launches to meet target date.
- Work closely with research and development, quality assurance and field maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
- Lead the operations side of determining and eliminating root causes and diminish occurrences of manufacturing issues and field complaints.
- Ensure all manufacturing regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and always maintained.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing testing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies and reduced manufacturing issues and field failures.
- Review or update manufacturing practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Define plans and take action to close production and operational gaps.
- Monitor production performance to assess ability to meet quality, field failure targets and delivery requirements. Work with engineers to iterate design for manufacturability and field serviceability.
- Prepare and submit reports to VP of Manufacturing Operations
Minimum Qualification and experience:
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience with ion or electron optical systems, high voltage and vacuum systems is required
- Proficiency with version control system a plus (e.g. Arena and NetSuite).
- Proficiency with basic data analysis (e.g. Excel) is a must. Experience with more advanced tools, such as Matlab, Python, R or databases is desirable.
- Proficiency with basic test and measurement equipment, such as DVMs, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers and CMM is desirable, as is the ability to computer control automated testing.
- Ability to create and adhere to project schedules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Education: BS in a relevant Engineering field. A degree in Physics or other scientific field with relevant professional experience, is also acceptable. Masters or PhD is preferred.