About you: You are a seasoned, and proactive Senior / Master Technician with experience in system test operations and ideally life science capital equipment. You enjoy owning the robust and cost-effective test processes, test work instructions, process validation, contract manufacturing quality, and assisting the manufacturing technicians and assemblers in building capital equipment. You thrive in a startup environment where you get to work with smart people from a wide variety of disciplines and are willing to help figure out the test processes and development of test processes. Leadership abilities: ability to think independently and work without regular direct supervision.
- Test MIBIscope systems to support production
- Work with suppliers, engineering, and physicists to develop test processes to optimize tools, bring up times, quality, reduce field issues, and ensure that field replacement units meet specifications.
- Ensure that all manufacturing test specifications are developed, and testing procedures are in place for all subsystems and before any subcomponent is outsourced and/or shipped to the field.
- Responsible for training and ensuring manufacturing staff and vendors/subcontractors on all test process instructions and new product launches to meet the target date.
- Lead the manufacturing operations test side of determining and eliminating root causes and diminishing occurrences of manufacturing issues and field failures and complaints.
- Work with engineers to iterate design for manufacturability and field serviceability.
- Ensure all manufacturing regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and always maintained.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing testing technologies and equipment in order to support manufacturing cost reductions.
- Review or update manufacturing test practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Prepare and submit reports to VP of Manufacturing Operations
Minimum Qualification and experience:
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience with ion or electron optical systems, high voltage and vacuum systems is required
- Proficiency with basic data analysis (e.g. Excel) is a must. Proficiency with basic test and measurement equipment, such as DVMs, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers and CMM is desirable, as is the ability to computer control automated testing.
- Ability to create and adhere to project schedules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred / plus experience and skills
- Proficiency with version control systems is a plus (e.g. Arena and NetSuite).
- Experience with more advanced tools, such as Matlab, Python, or databases is desirable.
- Preferred experience in charged particle systems, such as FIB, SEM, TEM, SIM, XPS, etc..
Education: BS in a relevant Engineering field. A degree in Physics or other relevant professional experience, is also acceptable.