Daily tasks for short term ME contractors:
Using CAD Creo 4.0 for 3D model & Drawings; Using Agile 9.3.6 for PLM change control.
- Prepare engineering documents: detail Custom mechanical parts; Create Bom & Assembly drawings.
- Release new commercial part with Rohs and Reach compliant.
- Prepare the ECO for new documents, drawing/Bom release or changes.
- Design new mechanical parts per customer requirements.
ALL WORK ON-SITE IN FREMONT CALIFOENIA
· All aspects of the mechanical design and development of new products, full life cycle ownership from concept thru production release.
· Ability to understand Marketing Requirements Document and supplement with mechanical design requirements to meet these requirements.
· Strong 3D CAD modeling (ProE ) and FEA/CFD of mechanical designs.
· Strong knowledge of fundamentals of components as robotic mechanisms, including motors, bearings, sensors, actuators.
· Strong knowledge of automation controls, robotics, semiconductor system integration.
· Knowledge of materials and good design practices for the material of choice.
· Good verbal and written communication skills, able to prepare technical reports, presentations and interact with suppliers, supply chain and operations.
· Hands on skill for assembly and trouble shooting of mechanical components, assemblies and systems.
· Ability to estimate tasks for completing projects and follow schedules.
· Knowledge of SEMI standards a plus.
· Experience with Agile/AgileEC.
· Experience with AutoCAD a plus
· Experience leading mechanical engineering products preferred.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is required.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in an automation product development environment, knowledge of Semiconductors equipment.
Key Job Events/Responsibilities:
· The job is to design new products for the semiconductor industry as well as design new mechanical features for existing products.
· Produce and release 3D models, drawings and BOM’s per the Brooks process
· Work cooperatively with electrical and SW engineering to ensure new product designs will function per the market and customer requirements.
· Understand and communicate cost impact of new designs.
· Build prototypes
· Support operations, supply chain, field service and the quality organization as needed to ensure the product line can be sustained and function reliably.