- Design patient-friendly product supports, enclosures, and fixtures for our medical devices.
- Design products that are aesthetically pleasing and also comfortable for patients.
- Help drive the look and feel of our final products to make them non-threatening to pediatric and adult patients.
- Ensure design compliance with federal and international safety standards for medical devices (ANSI 60601-1 and ISO 10993-5/10).
An applicant must have experience in the following:
- CAD software, particularly solid and surface modeling. SolidWorks/CREO/NX.
- Design for manufacturing using common processes such as injection molding, compression molding, over-molding, 3D printing, sheet metal design, textile design, etc.
- Experience in new product introduction (NPI).
- Experience with working with 3rd party vendors to realize designs.
- Designing devices/products for use with the human body.
- Lifetime/reliability testing and validation on hardware to prove designs.
Additional preferred experience:
- Familiarity with flex PCB design/implementation is ideal.
- Familiarity with the material restrictions common to the MRI environment.
- Designing products containing fabric, rubber, and/or other textiles.
- Electrical connector design.
- Creating engineering documentation for use in a quality system that is 21 CFR PART 820 compliant.
- Must have experience working for a start up CO.
- BS or greater in mechanical engineering, industrial/product design, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in medical devices, wearables, or other soft goods industry.