Contract to Hire
- Broaden the breadth and depth of your technical knowledge
- Function as subject-matter expert in design, development, and certification.
- Author and manage project schedules, budgets, and staffing needs.
- Work with clients to identify requirements, brainstorm, define, and develop product solutions.
- Create detailed designs and documentation to meet project objectives.
- Identify and perform mechanical engineering analysis.
- Collaborative with ID/UX teams to produce refined product designs.
- Interface with vendors for prototyping, tooling, and production.
- Test and evaluate prototypes, tooling, and first articles.
- Create project and technical reports as required.
- 8+ years of design and engineering analysis experience with a BS in Bio Med Engineering or equivalent (Master’s degree preferred).
- Experience transitioning 3+ complex electromechanical products from early concept into production in the life sciences area. At least one complete cycle for a life sciences, research, diagnostic, and/or analytical tool.
- Experience designing consumables for life science instrumentation a plus.
- Experience with microfluidics a plus.
- Experience working alongside reagent/assay development teams a plus.
- Proficient with SolidWorks (Creo a plus) and preparing engineering documentation per ASME Y14.5 for production release.
On-the-job analysis experience with mechantronic systems and at least two of the following areas:
- Tolerance analysis
- FEA and/or CFD
- Strength of materials
- Heat transfer
- Shock and vibration
- Ability to work with teams in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Hands-on performance in shop/lab skills.
- Hands on project management experience.