This position will be located in the Livermore Facility
Performs a wide variety of electronic, mechanical, or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in functions such as performing wiring, component installation, kit assembly, on robotic systems being assembled. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to specifications.
In this high impact role and under minimal supervision, you will be given the most complex assignments requiring specific expertise. The ideal candidate exercises latitude in determining approach to work. They are expected to contribute to the development of techniques, processes, and practices that advance the effectiveness of the organization or function. May lead major project initiatives and act as group leader. Required to apply extensive knowledge and skills in the discipline and in related fields in order to contribute to advanced development benefiting the organization or function. Expected to mentor and transfer knowledge to more junior staff members. Works autonomously to resolve the most complex problems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: 2-year technical degree, trade school certificate of completion, or equivalent experience
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong electrical & mechanical skills
- Cable assembly experience (crimping, soldering, etc)
- Ability to read mechanical part/assembly drawings as well as pneumatic schematics
- Ability to read electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Machine shop experience a plus
- Experience with industrial robots a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong computer skills (Email, Word, Excel, etc)
- Excellent problem-solving
- Self-motivated & possesses a desire to win