Contract to Hire
- Lead new product development projects and handle all aspects of design engineering work including but not limited to: review of customer drawing and specification package, preliminary design review, critical design review, and product readiness review.
- Manage larger strategic projects such as product transfer from one facility to another, or major engineering process updates.
- Manage several projects at one time and maintain project schedules
- Guide drafting, internal/external test labs, manufacturing, quality, and planning as required.
- Oversee product qualification/certification and coordinate PDR/CDR and PRR activities as necessary.
- Support production in regards to quality and manufacturing related issues as needed.
- Manage all changes and problems related to product assigned.
- Act as technical expert for the company for both internal and external customers.
- Up to 25% travel (domestic and/or international) as necessary.
- Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the design and use of RTD, Thermocouples, Speed Sensors, and Pressure Sensors.
- Must be able to work with customers to define and document requirements, address technical concerns and provide project status.
- Ability to make technical presentations internally and to customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate and fluent in solid modeling and related analysis software.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, Power Point).
- Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in teams.
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital circuits.
- Exposure to electromagnetic/magnetic circuits a plus.
- Background in Aviation Industry a plus.
- Understanding and experience in Principles of Lean and Mistake proofing a plus
- Qualifications & Experience
- B. S. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years design engineering experience or practical training is required.
- 5+ years in Aerospace or related industry
- Cable, wiring harness and/or sensors knowledge a plus.