- Develop and continuously improve manufacturing, test and calibration equipment for image sensor, endoscope, laser, and LED optical systems.
- Work closely with new product development engineers and test software engineers to understand requirements, develop robust, reliable, and reproducible camera/sensor test and calibration equipment.
- Work closely with NPI process development engineers to understand requirements and develop robust and reliable manufacturing process equipment.
- Development and improve efficiency of “mid-volume” manufacturing, test and calibration processes including:
- Design, specify, prototype, document, procure, assemble, qualify, implement, and improve test equipment components and equipment.
- Test flow development.
- Documentation to include generating equipment specifications, validation protocols, assembly instructions, preventative maintenance, and calibration (PMC) in additional to CAD component and assembly drawings.
- Analyze, debug and root cause measurement accuracy, reliability, repeatability, and reproducibility equipment issues.
- Determine measurement system accuracy through application of metrology methods
- Improve test and calibration process and procedures to improve quality, yield, and throughput of new products.
- Develop and maintain compliance with the quality system.
- Evaluate and select suppliers for mechanical and electrical equipment components/subsystems. Help resolve supplier quality issues.
- Provide product development engineers with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Reliability input to ensure consistency/commonality among hardware and standard part selections across product/sub-assembly lines.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- BS in relevant field required, MS preferred.
- Minimum 8 years mechanical, equipment design engineering experience for a medium to high volume product.
- New product introduction/development experience desirable.
- Great attitude, eager, willing/able to take initiative, works well with others in team environment.
- Strong analytical skills to understand, analyze and improve the accuracy, repeatability, and reliability of measurement equipment.
- Strong statistics and/or data analysis skills preferred.
- Experienced in ISO 9001, or medical device manufacturing environment or other regulated field preferred.
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts desirable.
- Understanding of Six Sigma methodologies desirable.
- Familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025 and JCGM “Evaluation of measurement data” documents
- Experience with GUM uncertainty framework applied to an optical system
- Documentation skill must be excellent. CAD experience (Solidworks).
- Use of Agile or similar lifecycle management tool.
- Machine shop skills desirable.
- Experience with development of precision test equipment in optics/lasers preferred.
- Understanding of cameras, lasers, or optical systems a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing test & calibration for cameras in consumer electronics a plus.
- Able to travel periodically to work with suppliers. German language skills would be a plus. (approximately 4 times per year)