- Design and develop high performance sensors/harness
- Perform Risk analyses and develop mitigation plan for technical, schedule, and material aspects of project.
- Create 3D models, assembly drawings, BOM for sensors/harness components, tools and fixtures (Solidworks or Catia)
- Perform FEA to estimate static stress, thermal analysis, resonance frequencies, etc. and validate the model
- Create draft for Manufacturing Instructions to ensure DFMA-Q and ensure producibility by hands-on prototyping
- Develop capabilities for manufacturing, assembling and testing sensors/harness and do Design Verification Testing
- Perform Reliability Analysis, Failure analysis and Problem solving to ensure reliable product development
- Create and maintain appropriate projects documentation to meet internal and AS9100 requirements
- Perform DFMEA and work with manufacturing engineering on PFMEA
- Maintain appropriate project documentation
Must be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident alien, or otherwise able to review all export – controlled technical
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Hands-on experience developing component level parts and products on multiple projects
- Knowledge of performing FEA to estimate static stress due to mechanical and thermal loads, calculate resonance frequencies, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes such as casting, machining, brazing, welding, potting, plating
- Knowledge and experience with Design for Manufacturability & Assembly and Quality (DFMA-Q)